How to Make the Most out of ActiveCampaign to Save Time and Reduce the Overwhelm of Your Team
During my auditing sessions, I often see that teams are not making the most out of ActiveCampaign and they are not aware of the existence of many features.
Here are 4 things you need to make sure are being implemented:
- Pipelines & Deals
- Email marketing
This is one of the reasons why I love ActiveCampaign: in one tool you have those powerful features that help you streamline your processes.
1. Pipelines & Deals
I’m always surprised when I see businesses not using this feature. Sometimes they’re not even aware that it exists!
Pipelines allow you to set up your processes and track how things are proceeding.
It looks like a Trello board in which you can create several columns that represent the stages of your process.
You can then drag the deal card to the following stage when certain conditions are met.
A deal card can be connected to one or multiple contacts and that’s how you manage processes like sales, marketing, onboarding, etc…
In ActiveCampaign you can create automated workflows.
- Need anything to happen when a deal is dragged to a certain stage of the process?
- Need to automate the deal creation when certain conditions are met (e.g. meeting scheduled, customer request received etc…)?
- Need to change the pipeline stage when something happens?
- Need anything to happen when a contact has a specific value in a field?
With automations, you can set it up and avoid wasting hours of your days on manual tasks.
ActiveCampaign has a list of 900+ natively integrated tools that allow you to enhance even more its capabilities.
Here are some practical examples:
- Meetings. With the use of a 3rd party tool, you avoid the back-and-forth of scheduling calls and by connecting it to AC you can automatically update the CRM.
- Project management. If you manage your team’s work using a PM tool, by connecting it to AC you can automate the updating of data and the sending of communications.
- Marketing. You can connect tools for sending SMS text messages, mailing letters and postcards, managing webinars on-demand, etc.
- Proposals management. If your sales process requires a back-and-forth of documentation, using a tool to manage that piece of the process and connecting it to AC saves you hours of manual work.
4. Email marketing
Besides sending communications like newsletters, in ActiveCampaign you can set up automated email sequences to follow up with customers and prospects.
What many people don’t know is that you can also send 1o1 emails without having to leave the platform.
Need to send an email to a contact?
You can do it directly on the contact page and/or deal card.
That helps you save time when it comes to sending communications to your audience!
Outsourcing the implementation could be a good idea for your business.
In the last few years, I helped several SMEs to make the most out of Business Automation through digital project management services.
If you want to learn more, download the Business Automation guide with the 5 phases I follow:
Or fill out the application form to work with me: